Time is TBD|
Yoga op de Berg
Dive Deep into Yin Yoga Retreat
Let me take you on a journey to discover & experience Yin yoga and the healing effect it has on your body. Dive deeper into the theory around Yin Yoga ; Meridians, Energy, Acupressure. Relax with mindful (guided) meditations and nature walks in rural Spain. Enjoy a lovely rejuvenating week.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Yoga op de Berg, Partida Polop Alt, 1, 03819 Alcoi, Alicante, Spain
About The Event
Let me take you on a journey to dive deep into Yin Yoga. Discover & experience the healing effect it has on your body & mind in the middle of astonishing landscapes and a beautiful finca in rural Spain. Enjoy a rejuvenating week filled with Yin Yoga, hikes, healthy food and intriguing energy.
Dive deeper into the philosophy and theory around Yin Yoga, as introduced to the world by Paul Grilley; A quiet practice in which the Chinese Meridian system theory and anatomy are combined in long held poses.
This retreat is completely focused on Yin and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and the daily meditative quiet Yin sequences will be designed around the TCM’s meridian and 5 elements system. Since I am studying Jo Phee’s Yinspiration modules, in this exploration of Yin Yoga the following aspects will be included in the morning classes and/or workshops: AcuYin, MyoYin, Energy Medicine and Qi Gong.
Every day another theme will be focused on, for example a certain meridian-pair, an element, an emotion.
You will experience the flowing of energy, learn to get to know your body and how to find your edge, get comfortable in an uncomfortable stretch, feel how your body opens up, creating space for energy to flow and improving your range of motion.
After practicing we will have time to explore : where does Yin yoga come from, how does it differ from other types of yoga ? What is the connection with Chinese Medicine ? What are meridians and what do they look like, what is fascia, connective tissue ? What is the connection between fascia and meridians ? What is Chi ? How can we use Yin yoga in a way that we feel more relaxed, more flexible without having to engage in difficult poses, to feel fitter and younger ? What is the connection between energy, emotions and meridians ?
During our journey into Yin we will be hosted in an authentic finca located at the edge of Nature Reserve ‘Parque natural de la font roja’, close to a beautiful village called Alcoy, situated 60 km North of Alicante and 120 km South of Valencia. Our hosts Helen & John from the Netherlands, will provide us with delicious vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinner, tea and fruit will be available all day. The hosts have done a terrific job to turn an old finca on a hill into a renovated but still authentic one that has a kind of mystical atmosphere. It feels like you’re in an old castle, trying not to get lost in the many different wings and stairways.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and a maximum of 12 yogins can be hosted, depending on double or single use of their 7 rooms. Very special is the brand new yoga shala with a magnificent view over the valley. The finca has a lot of land around where you will be able to find a private space to sit, relax and meditate or read a book.
You need not go very far to find beauty and silence, because the finca is situated in a beautiful valley and has enough nature around to relish. On the grounds around the finca you will find chairs and tables in all sort of hidden corners so you will be able to also find a private space to sit or lie, relax of read a book. Starting from the finca there are some beautiful hikes and on request, the hosts can also organize guided hikes in the Natural Park.
Nice beaches are reachable at around 1 hour drive by car.
Alcoy has a trainstation and it’s possible to take a train to Valencia (2 hours ride).
During the retreat everyone is responsible for the cleanliness of their own room.
The hosts and teacher will clean communal spaces thoroughly.
Example of retreat program :
Sunday : Arrival from 15:00u.
Monday to Saturday:
* Energizing Morning Yin Class, breakfast,
* Workshop or free time for hike, city/beach visit, lunch,
* Relaxing Evening Yin Class, dinner.
Sunday: Departure after breakfast.
- The classes will be focused on a certain different theme every day and the style/sequences will be adjusted to that, evening classes vary between yin, restorative and (guided) meditations.
- During the (optional) workshops we'll dive deeper in the theory around the theme we are exploring that day.
- Guides for hikes can be contacted (price depending on demand).
* 7 Nights full boarding in single use or shared room with en suite or shared bathroom.
* 3 Healthy vegetarian meals a day.
* Herbal tea, water and fruit all day.
* Daily Yin yoga classes.
Not included :
* Flight ticket
* Transportation from/to the airport.
* One evening the hosts will not provide dinner but we can make something ourselves or go out to eat.
Extra Information :
- If you plan on doing some sightseeing, renting a car is recommended.
- Airport transfer from Valencia or Alicante airport can be arranged but I can also get you in touch with other participants so maybe you can share a rental car or travel by public transport to Alcoy together.
- The hosts take care of abandoned dogs and have cats walk free on their premises.
- In case of strong allergies, contact me and I will communicate about that with the hosts.
- Make sure you have enough clothes with you, even though it’s Spain – it is not always sunny and warm. During winter time, temperature average in the area is 15°c during the daytime and 5°c at night.
September is usually still warm but not hot (20-25°c during the day) but there can also be a bit of rain, you never know because we can't control the weathergods ;-) In any case : the Finca has central heating and a fire place in the living room area.
Price from 700€ - 850€.
Private room / shared bathroom 850€
Twin room shared / ensuite bathroom 800€
Dorm (5 pax max) shared bathroom 700€
The minimum amount of participants is 5, the maximum is 12.
For any further information contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org